Next Course Starts: Thursday September 5, 2019
Price: £435 + VAT
Duration: 2 Day
Location: 118a Kensington Church Street, London W8 4BH
Schedule: 10:30am — 3:30pm (30 min lunch)
Award: Advanced Certificate
Get 10% off this course using the code: book.10%
Book Editing CPD approved certificated course outline
The 2-day Book Editing course is a highly popular editing and proofreading course, which has succeeded in providing an excellent base for a career in publishing. It provides thorough grounding in the essentials of book editing and proofreading. The content is very practical, with an emphasis on putting into practice everything that is covered during the course. You will be provided by the course leader with exercises to try out and feedback given throughout the training.
The certificated course concentrates on editing and proofreading skills for the book publishing industry and focuses on the techniques required in preparing text for publication.
Who is the course suitable for? The course is designed for those wishing to work in editorial and proofreading and those who work in books and related publishing. The course is suitable for both those changing career direction, as well as those already in publishing and requiring refresher training. The course is very thorough and provides delegates with practical and solid skills required for an editorial role in book publishing.
On this course you will learn:
- The sequence of operations in the editorial office
- Skills that aid the editorial process
- The professional way to copy-edit text
- How grammar and punctuation in text need particular attention
- The importance of House Style in copy-editing and proofing
- Legal elements to watch for in text — defamation, copyright and use of trademarks
- Choosing formats that are appropriate for texts
- How to specify typographical instructions in texts
- How to deal with different types of proofs
- Proof-reading and using BSI Proof-reading Marks
"I really enjoyed this course. It was a chance to learn more about the industry I have so much passion for. The tutor and teaching was really good, I'm so eager to put my newly learned skills into practice."
- Andrea Ford, Finance Administrator, Scania Finance Great Britain
Assessment and Certificate:
Delegates will tackle hands-on exercises at the end of each section to cement their learning, and personal achievement will be assessed throughout the course.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of the course.
Please contact us on 0207 221 3399 for details, or complete the enquiry form.