Next Course Starts: Monday March 18, 2019
Price: £530 + VAT
Duration: 2 Day
Location: 118a Kensington Church Street, London W8 4BH
Schedule: 10:30am — 3:30pm
Book Editing CPD approved certificated course outline
The 2-day Book Editing course is a highly popular editing and proofreading course, which has succeeded in providing an excellent base for a career in publishing. It provides thorough grounding in the essentials of book editing and proofreading. The content is very practical, with an emphasis on putting into practice everything that is covered during the course. You will be provided by the course leader with exercises to try out and feedback given throughout the training.
The certificated course concentrates on editing and proofreading skills for the book publishing industry and focuses on the techniques required in preparing text for publication.
Who is the course suitable for? The course is designed for those wishing to work in editorial and proofreading and those who work in books and related publishing. The course is suitable for both those changing career direction, as well as those already in publishing and requiring refresher training. The course is very thorough and provides delegates with practical and solid skills required for an editorial role in book publishing.
On this course you will learn:
- Skills that aid the editorial process
- The professional way to copy-edit text
- Some key BSI proofreading marks to use in editorial
- How grammar and using quotations affect text
- The importance of House Style
- How copyrights and trademarks affect text
- How typography changes the tone
- How to manage illustrations in text
- How to manage tasks in the book editing process
- Choosing media that is right for the text
- How to manage and cope with certain proofs
- The process of proofreading
Assessment and Certificate:
Delegates will tackle hands-on exercises at the end of each section to cement their learning, and personal achievement will be assessed throughout the course.
Certificates will be issued upon completion of the course.
Please contact us on 0207 221 3399 for details, or complete the enquiry form.